The revised Queensland School Sport calendar for the remainder of 2021 is now available.
It is always the department’s strong preference to proceed with scheduled school representative sporting events where possible to provide students with every opportunity to compete.
In working with regions, sporting associations and sports committees, we have rescheduled the following State Championship events in Term 4:
- Touch Football 10–12 Years State Championship 14–17 October 2021, Townsville
- Tennis 10–12 Years State Championship 17–20 October, Brisbane
- Softball 10–12 Years State Championship 28–31 October, Redlands
It is a requirement of Queensland School Sport that in order for students to be eligible to compete at the 10–12 years boys and girls Cricket State Championships, that they have been selected at district and regional levels prior. In order to ensure sufficient time for all districts and regions to reschedule these selected events, the State Championships have been rescheduled as follows:
- Cricket 10–12 Years boys State Championship 14–18 November, Bundaberg
- Cricket 10–12 Years girls State Championship 14–17 November, Sunshine Coast
Unfortunately, it has not been possible to reschedule later in the year all State Championship events and some events have had to be cancelled. It is understood that this decision may cause concern and disappointment for some students who hoped to represent their region and attend these Championships but the decision was made in keeping student and staff health and safety as the department’s highest priority.
- Basketball 13–15 Years boys and girls State Championship 5–8 August, Mackay
- Surfing 13–19 Years boys and girls State Championships 5–8 August, Gold Coast
- Softball 13–19 Years boys and girls State Championships 19–22 August, Redcliffe
- Track and Field 10–12 Years boys and girls State Championships 12–13 October, Brisbane
- Track and Field 13–19 Years boys and girls State Championships 14–17 October, Brisbane
QSS are currently reviewing the following State Championship events in line with advice from Queensland Health:
- Rugby League 11–12 Years girls State Championship 16–19 September, Townsville
- Rugby League 10–11 Years (Invitational) Championship 19–23 September, Townsville